Human slavery is not dead but neither are we! At the Crossroads (ATC) Chapter of the Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force is dedicated to ending human slavery for 80 miles of interstate at the crossroads of I-94 and I-69. We are a multi-discipline group of advisers offering prevention, intervention and restoration. ATC is offering a FREE daytime conference and evening community gathering on February 25th, 2016.
- Joyce Dixson-Haskett, LMSW, ACSW, is a human trafficking survivor who served a 17 year prison sentence for saving her own life by killing the person who sold her as property. She is an advocate for children of incarcerated parents and author of L.O.R.T.E. (Levels of Response to Traumatic Events) A Vital Aid in Serving Children of Incarcerated Parents.
- Jane White is the Director of the Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force and former Associate Director of the National Center for Community Policing at Michigan State University.
- Dr. James Henry is a co-founder of the Community Training and Assistance Center with a professional history that includes over 17 years as a child welfare and protective services worker. Professor at Western Michigan University’ School of Social Work, he is an expert on child traumatic stress.
- Shawn Loughrige recently retired from the Michigan State Police Forensic Science Division and Biometrics and Identification Division. While employed he held the position of D/F/Lt. and statewide Commander of the polygraph section for 15 years, Criminal Investigative Analysis and Behavioral Analysis statewide Commander of the Investigative Services Section.
- Bridgette Carr is Professor and Director of the world-wide renowned Human Trafficking Clinic at the University of Michigan Law School. She has dedicated her career to advocating for the rights of human trafficking victims and advancing comprehensive domestic and international anti-trafficking policies.
- Dr. Rev. LaClaire Bouknight, MD is the founder and director of Eaglevision Ministries Inc, a faith-based nonprofit organization dedicated to helping ex-offender females find employment, health and hope. She is Chairperson of Capital Area Anti-trafficking Alliance and former Medical Director of Juvenile Justice, Michigan Department of Social Service.